Tuesday, November 06, 2007

It's looking like this is going to be one of those "few and far between" kinda blogs. That's ok. I don't really expect anyone to read it but me, so I feel no outside pressure to be more prolific.

This past Sunday, my personal savior, AKA Adrian Peterson, AKA Purple Jesus, set a new NFL record for rushing yards in a game with 296, in only his 8th career game. For those of you who don't follow football, trust me... that's a lot of fucking yards. And the Vikings won, which was even more surprising. The path of a Vikings fan is a difficult one to tread, with all the constant disappointment and whatnot. But Purple Jesus gives me real hope that the Vikings will win a superbowl in my (or anyone's) lifetime. Now all we need is a not-quite-as-shitty quarterback and a not-quite-as-shitty coach (preferably one who does not look like a bald Dale Earnhardt). Below is a picture of Purple Jesus, in mid-shred of the Chargers' defense.


In other news, things are kinda weird. Well, perhaps it's not things that are weird, but that I feel weird about some normal things. Actually, that's not right either. The thing is, change is coming, and I'm scared shitless by it. For the last three years, I have lived in the same house, which has never happened in my life before. I have enjoyed an unprecedented stretch of stability that is going to come to an end soon. Not only will I need to move before too long, but my whole life might change radically. It's what I've wanted ever since the first time I picked up a guitar, but the leap of faith required is also unprecedented for me. And it all comes down to money. It always does. If I make this leap, am I going to have enough money to pay for the things I have to pay for every month? And what about health insurance? I have sure needed it this year, but I'm facing the prospect of rolling the dice on my health as I have done before. It's scary. And it's coming.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home